Website Pro has a built-in dashboard that displays highlights of your site’s visitor information using Google Analytics. However, we understand that you may want to dig deeper using your own account. That’s why Website Pro provides an easy way to do just that.
Note: Plugins meant to support Google Analytics are available, but these often fail to track gather data in the Website Pro environment.
How to add your own Google Analytics account: #
- Sign up for Google Analytics and configure it for your site, or just log in if you’ve already completed that step.
- Click Admin
- Select your site’s account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page
- Copy that Tracking ID
- Sign into to your Website Pro site’s WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Settings > General Code and scroll to the bottom
- Paste that Tracking ID into the Custom Google Analytics Tracking ID and click Save Changes
Please keep in mind that this ID will run concurrently with Website Pro’s built-in analytic tracking, which will remain on the Website Pro dashboard.